Program Coordinator (Management)
Posted: April 2, 2019
Expires: July 5,2019
Job Title: Program Coordinator (Management)
The DMSCC Program Coordinator supports the Assistant Director in ensuring the DMSCC’s consistent achievement of its mission and organizational objectives. This position is responsible for the overall management of Client Relations and Programs for Emergency Shelter Clients. The Program Coordinator is responsible for supervising the day-to-day delivery of direct services for Emergency and Second Stage Shelter Clients while ensuring staff maintain a high standard of service and safety in accordance with program policy and procedures.
- Lead the team to provide a safe and secure environment in which DMSCC clients can access the supports they require while staying at the Emergency Shelter
- Oversee and provide support to Frontline, Second Stage, and Child Support teams.
- Develop program progress reports in relation to program outcome expectations.
- Review and evaluate Client Service Plans with staff and adjust plans as appropriate to achieve the Client’s desired outcomes.
- Oversee and/or advocate on behalf of clients when and where required.
- Ensure that all clients are actively supported by DMSCC staff.
- Develop relationships and collaborations with community agencies.
- Orientate and train new and current staff regarding policies, procedures, guidelines, etc.
- Assist the Assistant Director in interviewing, hiring, training, mentoring, supervising, evaluating and terminating of staff as required.
- Provide ongoing supervision for staff, including regular and ongoing monitoring or work and work habits.
- Conduct regular staff and team meetings to provide direction, guidance and oversight to personnel.
- Develop monthly schedules, ensuring proper coverage for all shifts.
- Ensure that staff establish proper and accurate documentation for each client, ensuring program standards are met.
- Provide monthly statistical reports to Assistant Director.
- Review, approve and submit bi-weekly timesheets.
- Review, approve and submit individual petty cashes for replenishment.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Registered Social Worker (Degree) or post-secondary education in a related field.
- 3 years of supervisory experience and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in an emergency shelter or crisis intervention agency.
- Extensive experience in program development and delivery.
- Experience in client assessment, case planning and intervention.
- Effective leadership skills, with a strong focus on mentoring and motivation and employee base of professionals.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and computer skills.
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision and in a team environment.
- Standard First Aid/CPR, ASIST Certification, and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training is considered an asset.
- Clear Criminal Record Check and Child Welfare Check.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s license free from restrictions.
The position is a permanent full-time (40 hours/week) job opportunity, with core hours Monday to Friday, with on-call hours on evenings, and weekends. The successful candidate must be flexible in working hours to provide coverage as needed.
Compensation rate will be based on assessment of the successful candidate’s education, skills, previous experience and other factors. The successful candidate will be eligible for employee health benefits, pension contributions as defined by Board policy.
For questions, or to apply via email, please send to the attention of:
780-594-0430 x 834
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected to interview will be contacted.