Ask yourself the following questions;
- Do I have time to spare?
- Am I non-judgmental, sympathetic, warm and caring?
- Do I want to make a difference in my community?
Did you answer YES to these questions?
Maybe you should volunteer for the Dr. Margaret Savage Crisis Centre!
Why Volunteer? Because it’s the right thing to do!
One way to support and get to know your community is through volunteering. Each year, the Dr. Margaret Savage Crisis Centre’s dedicated volunteers contribute thousands of hours to support families caught in the web of family violence.
Volunteers enrich our programs and enhance the lives of others through their commitment, support, knowledge and enthusiasm. By working together we get to know one another, increase our knowledge about family violence, strengthen our collective and individual skills, and in the end, we build a deeper sense of community.
We have volunteer opportunities in various areas and are always looking for people who would love to donate their time to help fight the effects of domestic violence. While the bulk of our volunteers work in our store, Orbiting Trends, we look for volunteers in other areas as well.
- Orbiting Trends – sorting and organizing donations, customer service, maintenance, social activities and other
activities relating to our store
- Household duties – yard and facility maintenance
- Festival of Peace Fundraiser – join one of our committees to help with our annual fundraiser held the last full
weekend in November each year
- Other Volunteer Events throughout the year – We host a number of events throughout the year that you can get involved in
Not sure what you would like to do? Contact email@example.com for more information and to get started!